All incoming Adjuster Trainees are expected to participate in the Adjuster Training Program and are expected to pass the program in order to maintain their position at NCAComp. In our Adjuster Training Program, an entry level employee will learn the ins and outs of Workers’ Compensation as well NCAComp’s Processes and Procedures prior to becoming a Workers’Compensation Adjuster within the Company. The Adjuster Training program consists of 80 to 150 hours of on-site hands on training, in a classroom setting. We believe in promoting from within the company whenever possible and have a Training Manager that takes on all the tasks associated with training an employee to be an adjuster.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Computer use – Programs include CQCS, Strataware, Filehold Document System (Training will be provided in the Adjuster Training Program)
- Microsoft Word, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel (Light Training Offered)
- Answering and returning phone calls
- Clients, claimants, providers Answering, forwarding and returning emails
- Processing medical bills timely to ensure compensability
- Processing continuing payments to claimants
- Processing WCB decisions in timely fashion avoiding penalties
- Submission of proper EDI with the WCB
- Negotiation of settlements within authority limits per account assigned
- All aspects associated with handling NYS Workers’ Compensation claims
Required Education and Experience:
High school diploma is necessary.
All Adjusters at NCAComp must be NYS licensed after becoming an Adjuster.*
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Normally, physical demands are typical of an office environment.